I thought this was an amazing story that I had to share.
In September of 2008 my wedding ring as seen above went missing. I have worn this ring for 14 years and it has never been lost. I searched high and low. At the time Noah was getting into everything, so I concluded that he must have found it and put it in the trash or something. None the less I prayed and prayed. I remembered a story when I taught primary. Peter Carpenter was in our class and he lost his CTR ring and prayed that it would be found. Months later it was found in the sand by a teacher. I knew it was possible that my ring could still be found.
In September of 2008 my wedding ring as seen above went missing. I have worn this ring for 14 years and it has never been lost. I searched high and low. At the time Noah was getting into everything, so I concluded that he must have found it and put it in the trash or something. None the less I prayed and prayed. I remembered a story when I taught primary. Peter Carpenter was in our class and he lost his CTR ring and prayed that it would be found. Months later it was found in the sand by a teacher. I knew it was possible that my ring could still be found.On December 3rd I was getting into the Christmas decorations to put up while the boys were asleep. I started with the most precious things like the nativity. After I was done with that I started looking for the Christmas clock my mother gave to all her children years ago. My mother past away 11 years ago and I started to think about her. When I went back to the Christmas bin I picked up a bag of ornaments and put it to the side. I saw a round object at the bottom of the bin. I picked it up thinking it fell out of the ornament bag. Lo and behold it was my wedding ring. I starred at it and thought my eyes were lying to me. It was no lie, it was so beautiful and I was so excited I got right on the phone to call Derek and share the happy news.
I knew my prayers were answered.
6 comments:
That's really cool! My sister lost her ring awhile back and lost hope of finding it at the same time. Her hubby bought her another one for her birthday... way to keep the faith. It's beautiful!
I am so happy for you, I bet you just cant stop looking at it!!
Yeah! I lost my ring for a few months and was more than a little upset (I thought we had lost it in the move). I found it about 2 months after we moved-whew! I am so glad that you found yours!
Janelle
PS Yep-Jocelyn Vaughan married Garth's brother, Trevor. So, my kids now have 2 Aunt Jocelyns! :-)
That is so awesome, Becky!! I'm sooo glad you found it - what faith!
Just have to share this with you - The summer before we left El Cajon, Clark lost Allan's wedding ring out in our playground area (long story). We even searched with a metal detector but couldn't find it. When we sold our home, I left our Salt Lake address and phone number on the kitchen counter asking the new owners to contact us if they ever found the ring. FIVE years later, the woman called me in November. They had turned our playground into a dog run, their dog had puppies, and the puppies had dug up Allan's ring. I was able to get it, and I surprised Allan with it on Christmas morning. Happy ending! P.S. Miss you and your family! You talking about your mom brought up many happy memories.
How blessed we are! Thanks for sharing your story. It builds everyone's faith in miracles. Love ya.
Post a Comment